Southern Vermont AHEC seeks to support Community
Faculty and Clinical Instructors through a variety of
The following is a list of specific areas in
which Southern Vermont AHEC facilitates or directly assists
preceptors and clinical instructors:
- Continuing Education & Training - Facilitates
or links to continuing education opportunities, training,
community health improvement activities, and community
faculty development programs. Preceptors
may receive certificates from the UVM Office of Primary
Care towards UVM College of Medicine or other CME courses.
- Educational Resources - Provision of medical
reference and research materials.
- Loan Repayment - Administers the Vermont Educational
program for healthcare professionals.
- Logistical Support of Medical Students - Facilitates
the housing and community connections for medical, nursing,
physical therapy and social work students on clinical
- Distance Education - Facilitates distance learning
and networking opportunities through Telemedicine technology
As Southern Vermont AHEC develops relationships
with preceptors and instructors in the region, other areas
of support may be explored.